Legendary Talks: Sparky
Teslas are not used that much because it can only attack a single target… but what if there is an upgrade to that? What if a siege-robot of some sort would be given the ability similar to the Tesla, with an even more shocking surprise?
Sparky would not be a Legendary card if it is not valuable. It does move a bit slow but it can do massive damage when pushing as it releases high bursts of electricity to deal damage heavily on to your opponent.
Now we see that the card has a bit of a weakness as it is its speed is crippling, but then again so is it’s damage. Those are the two things that you have to consider. Valuing offense more than defense, we need to come up with something to utilize Sparky’s worth, so here are they combos that you need to practice on:
1. If you manage to cast a Rage spell along with your troops upon pushing, then this most definitely could lead to a win. With its high health points of 1,200 when in Level 1 and 1,752 at max, tanking would not be a problem… Just avoid hordes of enemies such as the minion horde, barbarians, or the skeleton army. Despite having splash damage, the recharge time is fairly slow so you need to take out those mobs right away.
2. Talking of spells even further, another great combo is pairing this card up with a Freeze spell. Sparky is the card that deals the highest damage in the game as it bursts 1,300 area damage at Level 1 and a massive 1,898 at the max Level. Imagine Sparky reaching the enemy’s crown tower? It would only take an average of 2-3 hits in order to destroy the opponent’s structures. It truly does live up to its catch phrase which is to “Obliterate everything in sight”.
3. As it is a tank, it is still best to have an even stronger tank up front as it mostly functions as an offensive card. Having a Giant, P.E.K.K.A., Mini P.E.K.K.A, Golem, Knight, or Valkyrie would work out best. However, upon using this combo, you have to be mindful again with the Minion Horde as this is the most likely time that your opponent would drop it, so be ready with your arrows!
It is not always for your gain so you have to consider the fact that your opponent may posses Sparky as well. Then what are the things to consider when facing Sparky?
Countering the Sparky
1. Dealing with a lone Sparky, the best counter for that is a Prince as his horse runs fast and he is also able to deal damage quickly and at a high rate of course, thus enabling you to make a counter-push. As mentioned earlier, the other many counters for Sparky are the Minion Horde, Barbarians, and Skeleton Army. Be sure to deploy the Barbarians right on top of Sparky though because if you place them on its line of sight, then your Barbarians would be toasted in an instant.
2. Sparky has a charge time of 5 seconds per attack so when your opponent deploys it, then you have to count on from there and make sure that you counter it before this window closes. There is also a deploy time of 1 second which makes it much of a delay on the first attack. These periods are the most crucial.
There are a lot of pros and cons with Sparky. All you need is knowledge and of course skill, in order for you to win using Sparky or defeat the enemy Sparky in no time.
3. If you do have a high level rocket, then you must have it on your deck as it can eliminate Sparky right away.
4. Do consider that the Zap and Freeze cannot reset Sparky’s charge.