The Ultimate Guide to Clash Royale Clan Chests
One of the most anticipated moments in Clash Royale gaming is of course the opening of chests. As it can be closely compared to mining because players get rewarded randomly for the efforts that they make. With crown chests, that is on a daily basis if the target number of crowns is reached. Free chests however generate after a couple of hours. This is the wooden chest located on the upper left part of the screen. In addition to that, there is a new type of chest called the “Clan Chest”. So… what are Clan Chests?
Crown Chests does help in improving the community of Clash Royale thrive in a simple way. Without it, there would be lesser drive for players to go online every single day. Apart from that, the Clan Chests are here to add up to the juicy reward system. First introduced last December 19, 2016, it instantly became a hit as clans are now more active to contribute stars. Yes, the point system is through how many crowns the players have earned daily. This means, not only will players be hitting the free crown chests, but also contributing on the number of crowns needed to open the Clan Chests.
How to Unlock Clan Chests
The unlocking of the Clan Chests will depend on the current Tier Level of the clan. Each clan will climb up in tier levels as Clan Chests get unlocked along the way. The first Tier would require 100 crowns to unlock. This is followed by the second Tier which is 150 crowns. Clan leaders have to accommodate members that are active in order to reach these goals. With a maximum of 50 members per clan, the daily requirement would be a piece of cake for the active.
What you can see below is the detailed list of Tiers, how they are accumulated, and what are in store for the receivers:
- CHEST TIER 1 = 100 CROWNS Required for Unlocking; Total Prize = 180 Gold and 30 Cards; 3 Rare Cards Guaranteed
- CHEST TIER 2 = 150 CROWNS Required for Unlocking; Total Prize = 390 Gold and 65 Cards; 6 Rare Cards Guaranteed
- CHEST TIER 3 = 200 CROWNS Required for Unlocking; Total Prize = 630 Gold and 105 Cards; 10 Rare Cards and 1 Epic Card Guaranteed
- CHEST TIER 4 = 250 CROWNS Required for Unlocking; Total Prize = 900 Gold and 150 Cards; 15 Rare Cards and 1 Epic Card Guaranteed
- CHEST TIER 5 = 300 CROWNS Required for Unlocking; Total Prize = 1,200 Gold and 200 Cards; 20 Rare Cards and 2 Epic Cards Guaranteed
- CHEST TIER 6 = 350 CROWNS Required for Unlocking; Total Prize = 1,530 Gold and 255 Cards; 25 Rare Cards and 2 Epic Cards Guaranteed
- CHEST TIER 7 = 400 CROWNS Required for Unlocking; Total Prize = 1,890 Gold and 315 Cards; 31 Rare Cards and 3 Epic Cards Guaranteed
- CHEST TIER 8 = 450 CROWNS Required for Unlocking; Total Prize = 2,280 Gold and 380 Cards; 38 Rare Cards and 3 Epic Cards Guaranteed
- CHEST TIER 9 = 500 CROWNS Required for Unlocking; Total Prize = 2,700 Gold and 450 Cards; 45 Rare Cards and 4 Epic Cards Guaranteed
- CHEST TIER 10 = 550 CROWNS Required for Unlocking; Total Prize = 3,150 Gold and 525 Cards; 52 Rare Cards and 5 Epic Cards Guaranteed
(It might not seem that easy but it is surely worth it)
I do have to reiterate the emphasis for active players. This is due to the fact that even though a member of a clan will contribute a mere 1 crown, he or she will still receive the same rewards that the other members would receive. This is quite an unfair system and might just be adjusted in the future. For now, it would be best to add those who go online everyday to help hasten the progress and not be unfair to the rest.
Clans are given seven days to accumulate as much crowns as they can. After that period of time, the players are given another seven-day break. Once the Clan Chest is unlocked, there would be a reset made. This would enable clans to accumulate more crowns, for them to proceed to the next tier. So be VERY patient.
What to Take into Consideration for Clan Chests
Take Loyalty Seriously
Players have to be loyal to the clan that they are at in order for them to clam the rewards in store. If a certain member would leave the clan, no matter how much he/she has contributed, the prizes allotted cannot be claimed. With that being said, leaders must also accept those who are wiling to stay for a long period of time. But there are other things to consider, so keep reading.
Mass Accepting of Players Could be Beneficial
Accepting different applications to join the clan could be beneficial on some point. With the system considering crowns as added points to unlock the clan chests so leaders can do this. The downside is that some of those accepted might not be qualified for the clan.
Some would be entry level players that would end up being stuck in the clan and constantly requesting for cards to help them grow. Although that is the goal of a clan, there are certain standards that need to be met so that there would be equilibrium, not just a few that can donate because it could become frustrating in the long run.
However, there is always the option to kick those unwanted players but the question is, “Can you do it?”. Some could, some couldn’t… depending on how gruesome or kind the leader is. Much like politics wherein some are corrupt and take opportunities for self gain, and some also have the purest of heart who try to help in whatever possible way they can. Nevertheless, clan chests cannot be acquired without team effort… SO SHARE IT WITH THE REST.
Pure Loyalty is not the main qualification. There is a big difference in finding a player that would stay in the clan for good and a player that is active. Those loyal players might stay but can seldom be online, so what you need to prioritize are those who play daily. Making them feel at home will then shift their mindset on staying for good.
Dropping Trophies for more Crowns
In the higher arenas, it is much harder to get a three crown victory than in lower leagues, so the trend nowadays is that high level players are seemingly dropping trophies to get easy three crown victories. It is never easy to push trophies up but most of the time a 1-crown and even no crown battle happens on such difficult arenas. Is it beneficial? Well for the clan it is but for the player that sacrificed his/her trophies for the clan chests to be unlocked, then the answer is no.
Here’s a short video recap on how clan chests work: